Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fail again and fail better


My sister loves Tavis Smiley - and I love this video.  Tavis is right, that failure is unavoidable, and it makes us who we are today.  I think this is a message young people need to hear, and a message our school system ought to think long and hard about.  I read once that nobody in Silicon Valley takes you seriously until you've had at least three failed businesses - by then you might know what you're doing.

Here is a radio doc my friend Geoff made, about the failed project at 702 Main Street in Woodstock.  Someday I plan to 'fail up' and see the creation of a community art space in Woodstock.  Thanks Tavis! 

1 comment:

JulieC said...

did you see the article about the art school up north? It was in the T-J yesterday:
http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/search/article/1416595

I thought this sounded like something RiVA would be excited to check out.