Thursday, December 15, 2011

Back to the Heart of Things

One of the final projects of this sabbatical is a group undertaking, where five friends and I will be creating works of art based on six photographs by another friend.  Some of the photographer's other work is here.

So now I am attempting (with fear in tow) to write 6 poems, and realizing I want these to be much better than my skill level will allow.  Hence, research.

Here is a great little article about blank verse, what it is and how it is "at the heart" of much good English poetry.  I like the idea of putting words on paper with 'a minimum of excess.'

We'll see how this goes.  At some point after the visuals, words, music, stories and drama are created, I will post some of them for you to consider.  I am not expecting perfection from myself on this, but I am looking forward to 99% perspiration.

No comments: