Thursday, November 24, 2011

My exceptional friend

It's not often I dedicate a post to singing the praises of an individual, but after getting our local paper today and finding out that one of my wonderful friends is going to China in an attempt to break a few Guinness World records involving a frisbee, I think it's time.

His blog is here, I will be adding it to my links (which you should check out if you're into the 'best of local' around these parts).

Let me tell you a little story about this guy.  He was on the high school hockey team but hung out with the rest of us nerds and misfits.  Fittingly, his blog is called "Odd and Misunderstood."  Boy, can I ever relate to that some days.  Instead of being a standard-issue jock, he once told me he liked listening to Gregorian Chant before hockey games because it helped get him pumped up.  Now he says that throwing a frisbee is "his favourite form of mediation,"  and I believe it!

Hats off to you Rob, for listening to your inner voice on a slightly 'odd and misunderstood' journey that involves an immense amount of practice and perseverance.  World records or not, I am astounded at what you've accomplished and I know the best is yet to come.

No comments: